Wild Orange (Citrus sinensis) essential oil is cold pressed from the outer rind of the fruit and is known for its fresh, fruity, citrusy aroma.
Orange is a very relaxing and uplifting oil that exhibits numerous therapeutic benefits. It can be used to help decrease fear and anxiety, aid in digestion, combat sleeping problems and heartburn, boost immune function and improve lymphatic drainage.
Orange essential oil also exhibits anti-depressant, anti-septic, antispasmodic, anti-tumor and cellular health properties.
In addition to its energizing effects on the body, it can also serve as a powerful oil in the household by helping to cut grease and aid in cleaning.
Wild orange essential oil can be applied topically, directly to the area of concern, or to reflex points, diffused aromatically, or used internally in water and/or food.
7 Uses for Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Immune Support Orange essential oil has both antiviral and antibacterial properties. Add 2 drops of wild orange essential oil to water to support healthy immune function.
- Stress Relief Orange oil has relaxing and uplifting properties making it beneficial in helping to decrease stress and anxiety. Diffuse it aromatically, add it to bath water, or combine it with a carrier oil and apply topically over body.
- Lymphatic Support Orange oil may stimulate lymphatic drainage and help the kidneys, liver and bladder to naturally detox. Dilute 3 drops of orange oil with equal parts carrier oil, and rub topically over lymph nodes, chest and feet.
- Anti-Tumor Properties Orange oil contains a very high amount of the compound d-limonene which has been highly researched and found to have a supporting role in fighting cancer cells. Add 2 drops of wild orange oil into your water and drink or combine with a carrier oil and apply topically.
- Digestive Support Orange oil may enhance healthy digestion and help ease cramps and constipation. Apply 3 drops topically with a carrier oil and rub onto abdomen.
- Natural Cleaning Product Orange oil has anti-septic and antibacterial properties which helps it to fight environmental bacteria. Combine several drops of orange and lemon essential oils in a spray bottle, filled with water, and use as a natural, sweet citrus, household cleaner.
- Mood Booster Orange is an uplifting and invigorating essential oil. Apply topically to wrists and reflex points, or diffuse aromatically to boost mood.
Wild Orange Essential Oil Precautions
Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours following topical use.
Orange oil can cause irritation to sensitive skin so dilute with a carrier oil and/or test a small area first.
When using any essential oil, especially internally, use only the highest quality essential oils that are 100% certified therapeutic grade or organic to ensure you’re getting a 100% pure oil and not one with unwanted and harmful chemicals or toxins.
Quick Thoughts: Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Wild orange is one of the most popular essential oils in the world.
- Wild orange oil contains a high percentage of d-limonene, which has been well researched for its anti-tumor properties, and is one of the most powerful compounds in nature.
- Wild orange oil is a great addition to natural cleaners.
- Wild orange essential oil has a fresh, sweet and citrusy aroma.
- Wild orange oil is a great oil for supporting the immune system and uplifting the mood.
Read Next: Lavender Essential Oil Benefits & Uses
If you’d like to start incorporating more essential oils and natural solutions into your everyday life, get Dr. Sara O’Connell’s free eBook: 10 Natural Health Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know.